25, 26, 27 October
Festival information for performers, some points to focus on before you start your application. These are followed by our Performer Terms & Conditions. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to read the following thoroughly.
The Dorrigo Folk and Bluegrass Festival is organised each year by a small dedicated committee. It builds on a vision to celebrate “music in the hills” and bring together a high quality mix of Bluegrass, Folk, Old-Timey, Old-Time Country and Australian music, and their diverse origins, to the Dorrigo Plateau.
The Dorrigo Folk and Bluegrass Festival covers the genres of “Folk’, “Bluegrass”, “Old-Time” and “Australian” music. For a Performer Expression of Interest to be considered favourably, it should fit in with the acoustic nature of the Festival. Therefore, the music should be played predominantly on acoustic instruments. Original music is encouraged.
It can be helpful to look at our past lineups to gauge what music and style we are looking for, as we look beyond the genres when building our lineup.
Due to the rural location of Dorrigo and the logistics of travel, we anticipate that the successful artists will be available for the entire weekend and welcome offers of prospective workshops and availability to perform for the younger generations.
For those planning on using air passage, the closest airport is Coffs Harbour. The Festival will organise transport from the Coffs Harbour Airport to The Dorrigo Showgrounds (festival site) if needed.
Performer camping is available on site free of charge, and a limited number of billets are available close to the showground by prior arrangement. Billets are expected only to provide beds for 3 nights at most.
Performers and their equipment must comply with government health and safety requirements.
The Festival provides lighting, sound technicians and equipment, MC’s and stage managers.
In keeping with being a “family-friendly” event, the temporary fencing enclosed Festival area, in and around the venues, is a smoke, drug, alcohol and pet free zone.
Performers are encouraged to actively promote The Dorrigo Folk and Bluegrass Festival Inc. performances through websites and social media.
Terms & Conditions
- Fees quoted should be exclusive of GST and include all costs such as travel – ABN and GST status must be specified.
- The DF&BF Inc. is NOT responsible for visas, booking flights and rental vehicles. This responsibility falls on the performers.
- When quoting your fee, please take into consideration that the Festival is a not-for-profit event with a limited budget. All profit from the current year goes into next year’s festival.
- If any changes to band members or performances are proposed, the Artistic Director (Bridget) needs to be notified. Dorrigo Folk and Bluegrass Festival Inc. may amend the offer accordingly.
- The Dorrigo Folk & Bluegrass Festival Inc. reserves the right to make changes to the programme.
- All performers must have a current Public Liability Insurance certificate of currency which covers the members of the band – this must match the ABN/entity name or individual performers. Recommended providers: Folk Alliance Australia and Duck for Cover
- Performers are required to comply with local government health and safety requirements.
- Performers may only sell CDs and other merchandise at the Dorrigo Folk and Bluegrass Festival Merchandise stall which will be open during the Festival. We will actively promote your merchandise and also retain a 10% commission charge on sales to help us cover costs. All payments for Merchandise sold will be made within 2 weeks from the end of the Festival weekend.
- Performers playing the 22nd Dorrigo Folk & Bluegrass Festival should not schedule shows within 70kms of Dorrigo from the 21st to 28th October 2024.
For international performers: the Dorrigo Folk & Bluegrass Festival Inc. is not able to negotiate visas for international artists, and recommends engaging with an Australian agent who will help you navigate the complex Australian Government’s visa application process as early as possible.
Performer selection and notification of performers should be completed by the middle of June 2024. We will respond to all Expressions of Interest, please be patient with us.