22, 23, 24 October 2021
The Dorrigo Folk and Bluegrass Festival Inc. Performer Expressions of Interest
PERFORMER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Dorrigo Folk and Bluegrass Festival Inc. is organised each year by a small dedicated committee. It builds on the vision started by Jack Sommers in 2002 for a festival to celebrate “music in the hills” and bring together a high quality mix of Bluegrass, Folk and Old-Timey music to the Dorrigo Plateau.
- Performer applications open on the 22nd March and close on the 31st May 2021.
- Performer selection and notification of performers should be completed by the 30th June 2021.
- The DF&BF Inc. is currently working on a COVID-19 safety plan, we will notify successful applicants when it is complete.
- Performers must complete a performer application, which is available on the Festival website.
- Please be accepting of changes due to COVID-19 and the fact that the programme may take a different form this year.
- Please include a high quality picture and any CD, DVD, Web site links, or relevant promotional material regarding your act along with your application. Hard copies of CDs can be sent to “Dorrigo Folk & Bluegrass Festival Inc.” 262 Mackays Creek Road Megan, NSW 2453.
- The Dorrigo Folk and Bluegrass Festival covers the genres of “Folk’, “Bluegrass”, and “Old-Time” music. For a performer application to be considered favourably, it should fit in with the acoustic “flavour” of the Festival.
- When quoting your fee, please take into consideration that the Festival is a not-for-profit event with a limited budget.
- Fees quoted are to be totally inclusive of all costs such as GST, travel, etc.
- The DF&BF Inc. is NOT responsible for booking flights, hire vehicles or other means of transportation. This responsibility falls on the performers.
- For those planning on using air passage, the closest airport is Coffs Harbour. The Festival will organise transport from the Coffs Harbour Airport to The Dorrigo Showgrounds (festival site). Please communicate with Angela (firstname.lastname@example.org) when booking flights so we may limit the amount of trips up and down the mountain. The airport- showground transport is provided free of charge so please respect the service and recognise that it may mean a short wait at the airport as we are only able to provide one bus.
- Performer camping is available on site free of charge, and if necessary a number of billets are available close to the showground – by prior arrangement. Billets are expected only to provide beds for 3 nights at most.
- Due to the rural location of Dorrigo and the logistics of travel, we anticipate that the successful artists will be available for the entire weekend and welcome offers of prospective workshops and availability to perform for the younger generations.
- If any changes to band members or performances are proposed, the Artistic Director (Bridget) needs to be notified. Dorrigo Folk and Bluegrass Festival Inc. may amend the offer accordingly.
- The Dorrigo Folk & Bluegrass Festival Inc. reserve the rights to make changes to the programme.
- All band members must have appropriate Public Liability Insurance. To assist you, these are the most commonly used:
Folk Alliance Australia: http://www.folkalliance.org.au/page/12345/
Duck For Cover: http://www.duckforcover.com.au/minigen/
- If you do NOT have Public Liability Insurance at the time of completing the Performer EOI, please upload a document saying you will purchase PLI if accepted to play the 19th DF&BF Inc.
- Performers and their equipment must comply with government health and safety requirements.
- In keeping with being a “family-friendly” event, the temporary fencing enclosed Festival area, in and around the venues, is a smoke, drug, alcohol and pet free zone.
- The Festival provides lighting, sound technicians and equipment, MC’s and stage managers.
- In keeping with being an acoustic music festival, the music should be played predominantly on acoustic instruments. Original music is encouraged.
- Performers are encouraged to actively promote The Dorrigo Folk and Bluegrass Festival Inc performances through websites and social media.
- Performers may sell CDs and other merchandise at the Dorrigo Folk and Bluegrass Festival merchandise stall.
- The Dorrigo Folk and Bluegrass Festival Inc is located in the Dorrigo Showgrounds and is subject to Council laws.